Controlling H Bridge without uc?

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
Work through the circuit requirements with a block diagram, then fill in the blocks.
Single PWM input buffer
Inverter to generate the other drive phase
Buffers or Inverters to drive the other side of the bridge
Cross-conduction limiters for all 4 drive signals
FET drivers (optional)

All of this except the optional FET drivers can be done in one hex inverter IC. Or. there are bridge-driver chips that have the cross-conduction protection built-in. A cross-conduction limiter is a variation of a monostable that holds off turning on one transistor until the other is completely off. This can be done with a diode-resistor-capacitor edge delay circuit between two inverters.

ak

Gibz73

Joined Apr 10, 2015
Hi guys, sorry for my absence....been buying and learning a bit about Arduino :rolleyes:

Ok, soooo, t'internet is awash with different H Bridge designs...I had in mind the P Chan, N Chan MOSFET design but was told it's not a very good way to do it, so I ask please, could someone up a schematic or link me to a known, and good H Bridge design that can handle a couple of amps? I would be truly grateful. I know enough about the uc now to be able to set it up, just need the H Bridge design (really want to do this bit in discrete components).

@blueroomelectronics ; It's for an aggitation device, keeping a solution moving CW for a second, CCW for a second, rinse and repeat.

Thank you all.