Controlling curtain by temperature

nagufever

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Can you give a sample code how to program a motor to open and close using PIC microcontroller after getting input from LM35 temperature sensor(too hot and too cold)?and also a sample motor circuit to be connected to the PIC?

Last edited:

nagufever

Joined Sep 9, 2010
help on DC motor circuit to be added to the PIC microcontroller.the motor need to move forward and reverse. is there any sample coding to apply?suggestion on which PIC microcontroller is suitable for this project?

lihle

Joined Apr 12, 2009
Can you give a sample code how to program a motor to open and close using PIC microcontroller after getting input from LM35 temperature sensor(too hot and too cold)?and also a sample motor circuit to be connected to the PIC?
man this is a simple project you have to put all your effort towards achieving this . this would help you get more experience to programming and design. anyways i will help you since i have done this before.

since you want to automate the curtain system. for a prototype just use a stepper motor that runs at 5V connected to Darlington pair transistors that would turn a relay forward and reverse.

a simple micro controller that you can need to use is the 16f876 since it has the ADC converter. what you can do here is that you set the votages to be under stand as temperature that would then turn the motor to open if it is hot else close.

having any problems i will give you my code for my temperature incubator project i did sometime back.

lihle
" every thing is worth a try"

nagufever

Joined Sep 9, 2010
nagufever welcome to the forum.

You need to state al least the following:

How big is the dc motor that you intend to use?

1) How much current it will need?

2) Which is the working voltages?

This is the minimum information required before giving you any suggestion.

Alberto
hi,
the size of the motor i am not sure
1. the current is 1.5A
2.The working voltage is 24VDC
these are the minimum specification for the curtain motor.if can can you suggest DC motor that meet the above specification.

nagufever

Joined Sep 9, 2010
man this is a simple project you have to put all your effort towards achieving this . this would help you get more experience to programming and design. anyways i will help you since i have done this before.

since you want to automate the curtain system. for a prototype just use a stepper motor that runs at 5V connected to Darlington pair transistors that would turn a relay forward and reverse.

a simple micro controller that you can need to use is the 16f876 since it has the ADC converter. what you can do here is that you set the votages to be under stand as temperature that would then turn the motor to open if it is hot else close.

having any problems i will give you my code for my temperature incubator project i did sometime back.

lihle
" every thing is worth a try"
hi,
doesn't stepper motor is more expensive than DC motor? and below is the block diagram of my project.Can you suggest what improvement i need to make if i use PIC16F876 as the microcontroler?

nagufever

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Could you please explain how you would drive a stepper motor using relays?

Alberto
hi,
stepper motor was lihle idea.i am thinking of using a DC motor with use two relays: one of them can change polarity for DC motor and another is for connecting suplly voltage.Or a H bridge circuit for DC motor control with 2 digital line.is there any other ways to drive a DC motor just to move reverse and forward?

lihle

Joined Apr 12, 2009
hi,
doesn't stepper motor is more expensive than DC motor? and below is the block diagram of my project.Can you suggest what improvement i need to make if i use PIC16F876 as the microcontroler?
The reason i cave chosen a stepper motor is because some of the curtains has to be opened in steps as in open up for few centimeters to allow little light intensity. its true you can use the DC motor if you want to fully open it when it is cold and fully closed when cold.

as for your schematic you its seems okay but what you can use to drive the motor is just a transistor used as a switch to turn on a relay then turn the motor. if you will be using a stepper motor connect 4 darlignton pair transistor aand they do have datasheet for connection.

lihle

Joined Apr 12, 2009

Alberto
what you can do you just connect the out put to four drivers whereby you can use Darlignton pair to drive the motor. also you can try to find datasheet for the steeper motor.
i have attached the data sheet.

Attachments

lihle

Joined Apr 12, 2009
hi,
what the receiver for since you didnot mention it before. if you are using the PIC 16f84 i will give you the code since one of the guys i am with is re-doing that using stepper motor and the pic16f84

lihle

Joined Apr 12, 2009

Alberto
sorry man i made a mistake you have to use darlignton pair transistor to drive the stepper motor without relays. i got confused with the DC motor that you can use just one transistor to turn the relay which will then turn on the motor.

lihle
"if you are wrong you have to be corrected and be willing to accept that"

nagufever

Joined Sep 9, 2010
what the receiver for since you didnot mention it before. if you are using the PIC 16f84.
the bluetooh receiver is to open and close curtain in emergency time.does anyone have the cluetooth receiver and transmitter circuit?I tried googled and searching in the net, but it is hopeless.

nagufever

Joined Sep 9, 2010
if you are using the PIC 16f84 i will give you the code since one of the guys i am with is re-doing that using stepper motor and the pic16f84
can you give the code and your curtain system circuit?It is because i need to make some minor adjustments to the block diagram.i might be using either PIC16F877,PIC16F628,or PIC16F2550.

Last edited by a moderator:

lihle

Joined Apr 12, 2009
can you give the code and your curtain system circuit?It is because i need to make some minor adjustments to the block diagram.i might be using either PIC16F877,PIC16F628,or PIC16F2550.
okay man i will get it for you. but my advice is that if you want to build up an reciever and transmitter. for simple purposes you can use the transmitter from a wireless door chime and the receiver.

i will get the code by the end of the week.

lihle

Joined Apr 12, 2009
here is the code from one of my friends trying to redo the project i once did. i am doing this since it seems you its urgent. here my friend use a keypad to punch and digit from 1-9 and move the stepper motor in steps.
the one file is for transmit- what you can do you can burn the program and the attach a transmitter to remotely send the data.

the othe file is for the receive but currently he is connecting direct wires since he does not have a receiver but the whole system works fine. he is able to open the curtain in four steps.

sorryb there are no comments i didnt have time to put them.

further details you can ask some one to read it for you.

lihle
'trying is what make us who we are'

Attachments

nagufever

Joined Sep 9, 2010
here is the code from one of my friends trying to redo the project i once did. i am doing this since it seems you its urgent. here my friend use a keypad to punch and digit from 1-9 and move the stepper motor in steps.
the one file is for transmit- what you can do you can burn the program and the attach a transmitter to remotely send the data.

the othe file is for the receive but currently he is connecting direct wires since he does not have a receiver but the whole system works fine. he is able to open the curtain in four steps.

sorryb there are no comments i didnt have time to put them.

further details you can ask some one to read it for you.

lihle
'trying is what make us who we are'
can you attach the schematic diagram for your curtain project?i want to compare with mine.
nagufever

lihle

Joined Apr 12, 2009
can you attach the schematic diagram for your curtain project?i want to compare with mine.
nagufever
sorry man i dont keep schematics or picture but what i can do is to explain. one side there is a stepper motor and on th other side a wheel. when the motor is energised it pulls a string that goes through the wheel of the motor and the wheel at the back.the curtains are two and they meet at the center. the string is attached to the curtain using hooks.

i wish i could help more but i cant.

lihle
' be ready to face challenges in life'