Control Circuit for Single Phase Motor

majsyd2010

Joined Aug 29, 2010
Control Circuit
I am trying to develop a control circuit as description below,
A single phase motor need to be controlled using contactor and relay, On the control board, the following are required,
1. A key switch that need to switch between Remote Start/Stop Control or Local Start/Stop Control
2. Indicator Lamp – Green for Running Motor, Red for Fault and Yellow for Stop
Looking forward for you great support ..
Cheers,
Maj

Dyslexicbloke

Joined Sep 4, 2010
Thats a fairly standard industrial application .....
Do want to understand it or do you juat want someone to draw it up for you.
Do you know how to re3ad an electrical drawing?
Do you know how to use relays contactors and overloads?
Can I asume you require indicatpors at both locations, remote / local?

Al

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
What part of the world do you live in and what are your major component manufacturers, ie Square D, Cutler Hammer, etc?

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
Do you want the stop buttons to both be available at the same time or only the one at the selected station?

On edit: I assume the Fault indicator would indicate Motor Overload. Is that correct?

Last edited:

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
Here it is. It must be a problem with Firefox. I switched over to IE and it seems to be going. Others may have changes or improvements to my thoughts, but here it is. Stop will work from either station, but start is selected by the key switch. Only one indicator is shown for each function, but additional indicators can be connected in parallel for the remote, if desired.

Hope this is a help.

Attachments

majsyd2010

Joined Aug 29, 2010
Just a question, off topic ..... what software do you use to create this diagram ??? I also looking for a good software ???

cheers

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
As an afterthought, you may want to add a "STATION ACTIVE" indicator to the remote station. If so, you would add an indicator from Wire # 7 to Wire # 99. It would not be needed at the "Master" since the key switch would be visible and marked.

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
You must have posted the software question as I was adding my last post. The software is Circuitmaker 2000 which has long been discontinued.

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
I prescribe to the CEC and am not familiar with the NEC, however, my understanding is that they are close cousins.

Changes to the code wording have had an impact as to where the overload contacts lie within a circuit. They have traditionally been placed on the common or return side of the branch, but this is no longer the case. They have been brought to the supply side, and are the first device.

Not a deal, but in BillB3857's drawing, the overload heaters are drawn in the control circuit, but should be in the power circuit. As mentioned above, the NC overload contacts should be first in the control branch.

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
Thanks for catching my errors. My diagram was intended to show the Overload CONTACTS, not the heaters!! Diagram was from memory of the concept and from too many years ago. Gotta love this forum. I learn something every day.