Control and electronics circuits of automation systems

nok

Joined Jul 28, 2010
I am interesting to know about the automation systems (production line) and the machines that manufactures these products: solar cells, thin-film solar modules, display screens like: Liquid Crystal Display (LCD), touch panel and plasma, thin film rechargeable lithium ion batteries, lithium ion batteries for electric car, fuel cells and printed circuit boards (PCB).​
Some video links that are related to these issues:​
Fuel Cell Manufacturing Plant​
FlexPicker Robots​
If you know about links videos or texts about automation systems or machines that produce these products, I will glad if you can write them in this thread.​
I search any connections that can be between machines and automation systems like there are in the video, or that produce the products that I mention above, and several engineering issues.​
I have several questions that are related to the control and electronics circuits of automation systems and machines. If you know any link that is related to these subjects so I will glad if you can write them in this thread.​
1. I know that they use controllers like in this link:​
1.A. What functions \ requirements the controllers that can be used for applications likes these automation systems and machines need to have?​
1.B. I see that the controllers have option to connect to the internet. What can be the applications \ advantages these automation systems and machines can use the internet? 1.C. What communication technology can be use between the different kinds of the controllers in these automation systems and machines?​
2.A. I know that there are some standards in motion control hardware, I want to know what are these standard? And how is the organization that is responsible for these standards?​
2.B. I search after information and links that have projects that involve control motion for leaser cutting​
2.C. What are the control motions that maybe can be use in these automation system and machines?​
3.A. What kinds of electronic circuits these automation systems and machines can have? Are these circuit are analogue electronics circuits or digital electronics circuits or both? And why?​
3.B. Are these automation systems and machines have power electronics like switches converters? And why these automation systems and machines have or don't have these technologies?​
3.C. What is driver? What the drivers do?​
4. I am interesting to read links about researches that are doing in the universities labs about the control of these automation systems and machines.​

Rbeckett

Joined Sep 3, 2010
Nok,
That is a huge question that may be more appropriate if you break it down and ask less questions in more threads. Your overall question and all of the sub-questions are too much for the average single individual to answer in any manner short of book form. Once you break it into smaller more manageable chunks I am sure the esteemed members will make every effort to assist you and answer all or as many of your questions as they can.

Bob

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
You have a lot of questions. Probably. too many and too complex that can be properly answered here. Automation is a whole science unto its own. I suggest you seek a course at your university.

To answer a couple of your questions, automatiom can do just about anything you can imagine from manufacturing processes, to enviromental or security control in buildings, traffic control.

Drivers are the software that runs on a computer to allow the computer to control a particular hardware device.

mbohuntr

Joined Apr 6, 2009
Oh yeah, a HUGE subject. I suggest you start with something small like stepper motors, servo motors and position sensing. After you get a fuzzy feeling on that, picture holding your pencil like a cutter head and invision moving it in three dimensions. X is left or right, Y is toward you or away from you, and Z is up or down. There are also many rotation motions that are added to make almost unlimited motions.

Later you can explore plc's and controllers. Then let these connect to the internet and you have a good start.

nok

Joined Jul 28, 2010
Hi friends, you don't need to answer all the questions, but if you know about one (or more) website link that is related to one (or more) of these questions so I will glad if you can write this link in this thread, I need few (very few) information that cover these issues, so in few websites links that are good websites it can be enough, good website is a website that have an article that wrote in an easy way and have very high correlation to these issues.
if the websites links are good websites links so few can be 3 to 5 websites links.

Last edited:

mbohuntr

Joined Apr 6, 2009
Here is a basic tutorial on steppers. The index is in the upper right corner. If you find this difficult, go back a little further and google motor tutorials. It will be easier for everyone to help you if you get some specific knowledge and ask a more specific question on it. If you need basic electrical theory, I suggest you start there as nothing else will make sense until you have the basics. Go to the learning section of this website, the pro's put some great stuff in there!

http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_1/index.html

http://www.engineersgarage.com/articles/stepper-motors?page=1

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Hi friends, you don't need to answer all the questions, but if you know about one (or more) website link that is related to one (or more) of these questions so I will glad if you can write this link in this thread, I need few (very few) information that cover these issues, so in few websites links that are good websites it can be enough, good website is a website that have an article that wrote in an easy way and have very high correlation to these issues.
if the websites links are good websites links so few can be 3 to 5 websites links.
I already answered two.

Take a university course.