Constructing a switch

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Sleepreaper, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sleepreaper

Thread Starter New Member

Dec 12, 2012
    Hi all

I'm trying to add another power supply into my already made series ring. I built my circuit with entry points to do this but I can't for the life of me remember what I need to put in to stop a back feed. I wish to add my new fog light switch and dimmer switch to this circuit howler ever if I feed power into the circuit from the cigarette lighter It will carry on sending charge to the door relays which in turn could blow a fuse

Here's my diagram and the dashed lines is where I would like to put my new switch, do I need a relay switch? What I'm looking for is an ability to make an OR gate
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  2. Brownout

Jan 10, 2012
    Use diodes in the "+" wires of the various switches. This will create a virtual "or" circuit. Hope you read this before your post gets moderated.
  3. Sleepreaper

Thread Starter New Member

Dec 12, 2012
    Apologies is my post wrong sorry if it is, could I pick a auto switch for the +point that could see where the power is coming from and switch accordingly
  4. bertus

Apr 5, 2008

I am closing this thread as it violates AAC policy and/or safety issues.

6. Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised however are considered “off-topic” at all times and will results in Your thread being closed without question:

• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
    • Automotive modifications
    • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
    • LEDs to mains
    • Phone jammers
    • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
    • Transformer-less power supplies
    This comes from our Tos:
    Terms of Service
    There will be enough sites where automotive questions can be discussed :
    Member selected automotive forums

Thread Status: