Conspiracy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

frank55

Joined Dec 6, 2013
Spycrosoft windowze 10 will be like OSX 10.9 or 10.10 and REQUIRE a hotmail account or in the case of OSX and Apple Account.

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=507380

New Hotmail accounts REQURE a phone Number that they can Text to.

More Disturbing is their Privacy statement or lack therof.

Their Location Disservice.

Their Turning on your camera and Microphone.

“Microsoft collects information about you, your devices, applications and networks, and your use of those devices, applications and networks. Examples of data we collect include your name, email address, preferences and interests; browsing, search and file history; phone call and SMS data; device configuration and sensor data(GeekSPEAK For Mic and Camera); and application usage."

The company also adds how agreeing to the the permissions, it is also asserting its right to collect users’ voice data and information about the files users open.

They sample keystrokes and voice commands (Like a website to your bank, the login, and password.) So 10 has built in keylogger and video and audio surveilance.

We may disclose information and content to Microsoft affiliates and vendors; when required by law or to respond to valid legal process like suing you for pirating our software and we may refer the matter to law enforcement.

The data collection and Anti privacy features are turned ON automatically and you do not have the ability to OPT OUT or turn these features off. (In plain english use of these apps is consent to monitoring.)

In plain english they reserve the right to have your Full Name, Location, Phone Number, Picture of you, Sample of your voiceprint, websites you visit like your bank, your Skype calls, your naughty sites, and "samples" of your keystrokes aka your login and password.

Mr. Fox said:
@Name Redacted, as a matter of public interest, this kind of condemnation needs to be posted in a freely accessible, Googlicious public forum. It won't fix stupid, but it might cause a few intelligent people to think twice before downloading the latest and greatest malware from Windoze Corruptdate or upgrading their OS. Letting Micro$haft have free reign is like an electronic version of having unprotected sensual contact with a new stranger every night.

So, we see their true colors are finally shining through as we approach RTM. No wonder they are planning to give it away. It's all part of their diabolical plan. The adware-infested Modern Apps have proven the sheeple are ready for Phase II. They should call it Microsoft Skynet 666 instead of Windows 10.

Isn't it amazing what selling your soul can get you for "free" LOL? They will have their own zombie-bot fleet, complete with official signed drivers and firmware, ready to harvest personal information for the Redmond Mafia and eavesdrop for the federal government as necessary... subject to subpoena, or the "Patriot Act" of course. But, like Ragu, it's in there.

I'll gladly stick with my older, less "secure" spyware-free Micro$haft operating systems, thank you very much. Just because it is "authorized" for what some might regard as a good cause does not mean that it is actually OK or a good cause. Spyware is spyware no matter if the guys are wearing a white hat or a black hat and covering their faces with a bandanna.

Oh, but Mr. Fox, it's going to have DirectX 12... OMG, OMG!! DirectX 12! LOL.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
You post a link to the Privacy Policy for Microsoft Office and then supposedly quote something from it -- yet there is nothing like what you quote in the link you provided. So just where did this quote come from?

frank55

Joined Dec 6, 2013
You post a link to the Privacy Policy for Microsoft Office and then supposedly quote something from it -- yet there is nothing like what you quote in the link you provided. So just where did this quote come from?

I did not Quote anything,just pasted what this dud posted, as for the link, it did not open for me either before i posted,so disregard the link,

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
What what dude posted. You have absolutely no attribution so that we can verify your stuff, instead we just have the quote (see the quote marks) that YOU posted:

“Microsoft collects information about you, your devices, applications and networks, and your use of those devices, applications and networks. Examples of data we collect include your name, email address, preferences and interests; browsing, search and file history; phone call and SMS data; device configuration and sensor data(GeekSPEAK For Mic and Camera); and application usage."
I ask again, where did that come from?

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
I am not sure what happened here, but Frank posted a reply that appears to have been deleted.

In a nutshell, he accused me of being a government spy for having found and linked to his post on the above mentioned website. Talk about conspiracy theories!

@frank55:

You posted an unattributed, unverifiable accusation against Microsoft, along with an inactive link to supposedly lend credence to your (or the original author's) assertions.

I was curious about the original source of the text, so I simply Googled it. Your post in the other site was the *only* search result.

It boils down to this: you have polluted two different sites with your troll spam. When called out, you pleaded ignorance. I simply did some research to fill in the blanks regarding the source of this material.

BTW, I despise Microsoft for a number of reasons. But there are plenty enough negatives that can be said about them without making up and propagating stuff like this.

Finally, this is the internet. If you don't want your online identities linked, don't post identical text across multiple forums!

And quit telling me to grow up. I'm older than dirt.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
That is one of the problems with the Internet. Along with its great dissemination and sharing of knowledge, comes great dissemination and sharing of falsehoods. By nature, such garbage is in proximity with pearls and some of the latter's lustre rubs off.

I am reminded of High School, where we had to produce a research paper and every reference had to be documented indisputably. Back then, the Internet value as a source would have been treated with as much gravity as cousin Vinnie's ramblings.

Thanks to people like @joeyd999 who keep the purveyors of trash honest, even if they will not admit to it.

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
...I am reminded of High School, where we had to produce a research paper and every reference had to be documented indisputably...
It's sad you must go back to memories of high school to be reminded of this. This should still be the standard, especially for sites where otherwise intelligent members of our species congregate.

tom_s

Joined Jun 27, 2014
...where otherwise intelligent members of our species congregate.
just wanted to point out the oxymoron in your statement :)

i'll stick with linux variants, at least the OS is only going to do what i tell it to do

i gave up on the other os as soon as they brought out itunes.

Status
Not open for further replies.