Connections For MP3/FM board

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by jj_alukkas, Mar 31, 2010.

1. jj_alukkas

Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Hello,

I recently bought a cheap board which plays music directly over USB as well as have an FM reciver. The problem Is that I cant figure out a few pins how to connect them..

[​IMG]

I figured out the +5v and Gnd and supplied a power to see the display showing '87.5', so I think its booting up in FM mode.. Also found the L and R audio output channels with Gnd but didnt try conencting. I got a USB socket as well as a mini remote control and the dealer told me to get a IR reciever, so bought a 1738 reciver.. But I dont understand where to connect the 3.3 on the board to the TSOP1738.. Also there are terminals for a few buttons, but what would be the common terminals for them?? Would the G be correct as I marked in the diagram??
    Also what is this CDVCC, DET, DAT, CLK, CMD ??

Please help me with this diagram and also have I marked the identified terminals correctly?? Thanks in advance...

2. jj_alukkas

Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Finally managed to get it working..
    Powered off 5v and wired the 1738 with the 3.3V, IR and GND pins and connected the USB socket with a usb drive and it started playing.. But the problem now is, I cant hear anything thru the output lines.. I tried with a tiny speaker as well as headphones.. Is it that I need a pre-amp or hi gain mosfet amp?? With the remote I am able to change tracks and change settings.. All fine, except no sound.. what to do??