Connecting Microphone to RCA A/V Input

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by hazim, Nov 22, 2010.

1. hazim

Thread Starter Active Member

Jan 3, 2008
    Hi all,

I want to connect a a microphone to an RCA A/V input, a TV for example, and be able to hear the sound on the speakers well. It doesn't matter for me to use electret or dynamic microphone, I'm only concerned for the simplicity and to use inexpensive things. I read about using mixers... I don't want to use such things... I want to make it for about 15$ not more. :)

I know electret microphones need powering, and I know how to power it. These will give stronger signal than a dynamic mic. gives.
    The RCA A/V signals are much "stronger" than the microphones output signal.

I read about them called "line signal" or something like that.. anyway, I think I could use an electret mic. and build a small audio amplifier using LM386 to amplify the signal to be "strong" enough for the RCA input. The mic and the amplifying circuit could be built in a compact way with a powering 9V PP3 battery and a "press to talk" tact switch to power the circuit while using the microphone.

Any ideas? and is my idea fine to work?

Regards,
    Hazim

2. tom66

May 9, 2009
    hazim likes this.
  3. hazim

Thread Starter Active Member

Jan 3, 2008
    Good! this is exactly what I want. Since its simple (one transistor..) and tested then I'll build it.

Thanks and best regards,
    Hazim