Congratulations Wookie!

elec_mech

Joined Nov 12, 2008
SgtWookie, thanks to you and many others here, my knowledge and interest in electronics continues to grow. I cannot thank you enough not only for your time, knowledge, and prompt responses, but also for your encouragement. From all of us, thank you!

So, this begs the question, what title comes after Expert? My guesses:
Genius - 50,000 posts
Super Genius (A.K.A. Wile E. Coyote) - 100,000 posts
Know-It-All - 500,000 posts
God - 1,000,000 posts

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
SgtWookie, thanks to you and many others here, my knowledge and interest in electronics continues to grow. I cannot thank you enough not only for your time, knowledge, and prompt responses, but also for your encouragement. From all of us, thank you!

So, this begs the question, what title comes after Expert? My guesses:
Genius - 50,000 posts
Super Genius (A.K.A. Wile E. Coyote) - 100,000 posts
Know-It-All - 500,000 posts
God - 1,000,000 posts
I don't think it should be based on the number of posts, my reasoning explained on R!f@@'s original thread. It should be based on votes from the AAC community. My 2 cents worth :D

Der Strom

Last edited:

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Expert is not based on counts but rather what we know about that member.

By the way, is Sgt avoiding this thread in particular or is he not happy about this.
We all feel the same way about him, don't we ?

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I suspect modesty could be at play here. In many cases this is a cultural thing. The recognition of his contributions being special are still valid though.

I suggest we accept Wookie for who he is and live with it. :)

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Benethere Is still being Honored for his service,I can't Imagine many
people being In such a joyous mood already. The Forum seems to be
In a nose dive. Is this how we plan to Honor members In the future.
How many famlies will respect such a low turnout for there love one's.
Having gone public I would have expected more members to show respect.
How about putting a link to Benethere on each topic so more members
will see It for sure, my humble opinion.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
In case you hadn't noticed, there is a link on every single page right now for Bill, no matter where you are, on the top of the page. There will come a time when it will be removed, but not yet.

Beenthere's death is important, but so are other things. Life goes on, as it must. Before Bill died he got to see his new grand daughter. Was this a sad event? No, because his legacy continues, both here and there.

Knowing Bill, I doubt he would want us to mourn him forever. We respect and honor him and his memory for who he was. This is what is important, not the mourning. We mourn for ourselves, not for Bill.

Wookie's accomplishment is also important, and deserves recognition.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
I guess I'm different,I see Sgt. standing by his real love,
his Harley Davidson,I wonder If he still rides,things like that.

Eric007

Joined Aug 5, 2011
Congratulation Sgtwookie!!!!

And thanks for the highest quality of your posts...you really are an inspiration for many of us in this forum...

I always go 'Wow' when I read your posts...coz they're not any posts but the bestest (lol...) posts!!

If I had to give you a title...that would be 'da Professor' lol

Thanks!

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Would you not assume that Wookie surfs this forum like any active member? He's just shy and don't like being in the limelight. But in his heart he knows we all love him and we told him so. That's what matters.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Yep, same time I posted the first post on this thread. I am willing to be he has read all the posts we have plotted, it isn't like they were secret or anything. :D

When he is ready he will respond.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Sgt has Harley, boy I like to see that.

We don't mourn people death as it will bring sadness to his soul, instead we are happy and praise lord for what he has given us and left behind.

We should be and must have happy thoughts about anyone who is resting, this will bring happiness to him.

Like to tell you all a little secret. When you visit some one in his grave, be sure not to cry and not to remember him with his unpleasant deeds, instead remember him and talk to him about how happy that he had made you on earth and smile.

Cause weather u believe it or not, the one in the grave can see u and hear you as like you are standing in front of him.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Riaff,for King..you are talking like a wiseman....lot of wisdom on
that small Island..you have your share or more than your share.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Sgt has Harley, boy I like to see that.

We don't mourn people death as it will bring sadness to his soul, instead we are happy and praise lord for what he has given us and left behind.

We should be and must have happy thoughts about anyone who is resting, this will bring happiness to him.

Like to tell you all a little secret. When you visit some one in his grave, be sure not to cry and not to remember him with his unpleasant deeds, instead remember him and talk to him about how happy that he had made you on earth and smile.

Cause weather u believe it or not, the one in the grave can see u and hear you as like you are standing in front of him.
We can agree on that.