Confused; please help!

paymaansyed

Joined Jun 4, 2010
Hey everyone, I'm an undergraduate student currently about to start my third year in electrical engineering.

I'm really curious about how to tackle such a large field of EE. I mean for now I don't even know about many things which I hear about in online courses.

Till now, I've studied C++, Matlab, a introductory circuit course, digital logic circuits, signals and systems, a EE lab.

Can anyone give me an idea of what I should cover to gain the basic knowledge of the field since I need to decide in about a year where should I expertise in.

Please list the general topics I need to cover, WHERE I should be covering them and what should be my plan in covering all this stuff to an extent that I've a fair enough knowledge of every required thing. Please provide a general description of each topic, what it's topic, it's practical implication etc..

PS : The institute I study in is good but I think I need to do better to compete.

Bychon

Joined Mar 12, 2010
Speaking of the institute you study in...it might be helpful if you tell us what country you are in, or even a list of courses offered where you attend. That would be a good place to start this conversation.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Go to off-topic-read the who are you post.A lot of Information on what members have done and Is doing. Informal Information,maybe you can get some Ideas.