Confused about testing fgpf4633 .

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Stk.Goose, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Stk.Goose

Thread Starter New Member

Jul 23, 2015
    I have been reading alot online and i keep reading a how to test a mosfet with drain souce and gate but when i google this particular mosfet i am running into G C E not G S D . I am trying to fix a tv and transistors in general are giving me a super hard time. If someone can please explain to me what is the best way to test and should i just connect it to the tv and try to read the voltage from the live board or desolder the fet off . Thank you so much and sorry if i posted this in the wrong section i am new to this site .

2. Stk.Goose

Thread Starter New Member

Jul 23, 2015
    the reason i am wondering or asking is because i been working on this tv for 3 weeks plus now and i have checked most componets including diodes resistors capacitors and it seems that i alwasy get stuck on a tv if the voltage regulator is down or if the mosfets or transistors are not working and instead of blindly changing the parts i would love to know the correct way to minimize the money i spend by knowing what parts are broken for sure. Thanks again. i am new to the site but been reading alot of the threads and it seems like a really good community