Confirmation of Global warming

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
It could be interest in the Jihad is flagging some, so he needs to inspire the troops. Given the way he uses troops (one soldier one bomb) it could be he needs fresh blood.

HarveyH42

Joined Jul 22, 2007
Does it confirm man made CO2 is the single cause of the catastrophic climate changes, or that Al Gore and the consensus are members of Al Qaeda? The climate changes all the time, and usually in unpredictable ways. The ice from last major cooling trend hasn't all melted yet, so yeah, it's warming still. The climate terrorists are going to destroy our economy, long before any significant warming happens. Clean energy that nobody can afford, and few people actually own anything to use it. Clean power, but most people will be chopping down trees for heat and cooking, just like our ancestors did. Maybe getting back to nature won't be so bad.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
The point is that now you have to believe it, or you will find a fatwa has been issued with your name on it. Osama's a bit touchy about people who don't agree with him.

HarveyH42

Joined Jul 22, 2007
It's not that I don't believe in Global Warming, or that mankind has a bunch nasty, filthy habits (which need to be corrected). I disagree about the crisis, and urgency, not to mention the catastrophic prophecies. Some of the science is good, and has a solid base, but when that research is integrated into Climate Change, it gets altered and manipulated, and sold as facts. It's a very complicated system to begin with, doesn't seem to exist elsewhere. Mostly it seems that Global Warming crowd on see things that warm the planet, and exclude everything that doesn't help prove their point. Good science would address a much wider scope, this is just to political to be taken seriously.

A cleaner planet, would be a much healthier place. Clean, renewable energy would eventually be more cost effective, and we should be moving towards these goals. I think there is plenty of time to ease into it, make the right choices, follow a more sensibly laid out plan. Destroying much of what we already have, and using what little we have left, on something that might not be much better, won't leave us much in the future.

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
I should have put this turkey in the Off Topic section. I was just amazed that Bin Lauden would have anything to say on the subject.

Global warming or not, eliminating poisonous emissions is no more or less than good sense.

Nanophotonics

Joined Apr 2, 2009
You seriously think Laden said this? I don't believe in any of these so-called Jazeera tapes. All I can think of is that people's views are being controlled.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
A lot of people say the same of our media. In this they are no different, other than the "Keel you all!" twist.

studiot

Joined Nov 9, 2007
Clean, renewable energy would eventually be more cost effective
The great shame in all this is the scientific nonsense that is being promulgated by advertising type jargon, so that even antagonists of GW are subverted.

How are we to teach proper physics to children with terms like 'renewable energy' bandied about?

Make all journalists & politicians take a 'First Law' test.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Kids will grow up with solar parking meters,and other proven
devises that are appearing on the landscape. They will live in
a different world. Machines make all this junk not man,he just
has to quit operating them before they take over.That is
happening,no jobs,just imported junk,ports are expanding
to handle business they are only planning for in the future.
Government jobs don't create much junk and public transit
hubs. So high speed rail is coming to u.s..

count_volta

Joined Feb 4, 2009
More snow today. There are still 10 foot piles of snow everywhere from the old hellish blizzard, and today we got a lot more. Parking is very difficult in the city. We surpassed the old 1978 record for snow amounts today.

I say Bin Laden should now win a Nobel prize to go along with the one on Al Gore's shelf.

retched

Joined Dec 5, 2009
Thats gonna be one helluva "invitation".

We welcome you, BIN LADEN, to meet your maker.
This message will self destruct in..