computer programminng

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
want to be a programming guru and want to start from the scratch. I do i go about that?
Thanks
In addition to earlier suggestions, you will need to do some research into the available microcontrollers. The primary consideration for a beginner when it comes to selecting a microcontroller is the cost of the tools needed to develop the software. If FREE software development tools sound attractive to you then you will want to take a serious look at ATMEL's AVR 8-bit family of microcontrollers. The next thing that you will need to consider is the cost of a programmer for your microcontroller. You can build your own for a few dollars but unless your knowledge of electronics is beyond the beginner stage it may be more reasonable for you to take the money you saved on the software developement tools and invest it into a good off-the-shelf programmer. You can obtain a very good programmer for the AVR for around $35 US.

If you are interested, just say so and I can supply you with further useful information on the AVR microcontroller.

hgmjr