Components

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Peter basolo, Jul 13, 2015.

1. Peter basolo

Thread Starter Member

Nov 24, 2014
    Can I buy an assortment of resistors and capictors and such or do I have to buy them individually

2. nerdegutta

Dec 15, 2009
    Hi.

I think there are several kits available on eBay.

Have you tried that?

3. Peter basolo

Thread Starter Member

Nov 24, 2014
    I'm an imbecile. I didn't even think of eBay. Thanks I needed that XD

4. ian field

Distinguished Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Most places that sell components do resistor kits - say 10 each of the decades of the E12 preferred values, you can usually find capacitor assortment packs and sometimes more exotic parts like 7-segment displays.

A very long time ago, before I started shaving - I used to visit all the electronics firms on the local industrial estate, scrounging components.

Sometimes the parts racks get knocked over, the spilled components usually get swept up and tipped in a box - no one can bring themselves to bin them but sorting them back into the parts bins wouldn't make economic sense - they're usually quite relieved to give them to a good home. Sometimes they even have components they no longer use.

5. Peter basolo

Thread Starter Member

Nov 24, 2014
    That's a good idea what should I ask and who should I ask? Like radio shack or a bigger company?

6. Hypatia's Protege

Distinguished Member

Mar 1, 2015
    KJ6EAD likes this.
  7. KJ6EAD

Apr 30, 2011
  8. ian field

Distinguished Member

Oct 27, 2012
    Shops won't give you anything for free - that's why some have reduced to clear baskets.

I did say ask electronics firms - they need to get the production done, not sort through heaps of spilled components.

9. PackratKing

Jul 13, 2008
    This place sounds very interesting... ... http://vakits.com/... says all American made, quite diverse, and reasonable prices...

shortbus likes this.