Component spice model

GOHO

Joined Oct 10, 2013
Hi, new member and new to spice models.

I am looking for a spice model for a NTE 4538b multi vibrator.

Do I have to make this myself or is there a site I can download the model?

Thanks

Jony130

Joined Feb 17, 2009
In this libraries you will find CD4538

http://valvolodin.narod.ru/soft/extra.rar

Unpack the archive "extra.rar", using the archive RAR
Copy "extra1.rar" which is installed in the directories are LTspiceIV. Typically, this directory is "C: \ Program Files \ LTC"
Unzip "extra1.rar" which is installed in the directories are LTspiceIV
Finish

GOHO

Joined Oct 10, 2013
Jony130, I tried to extract the extra1.rar file but both my winzip and another zip extractor says its corrupt and/or not compatible and will not unzip it... any ideas?

Thanks!

cjcgmjs

Joined Oct 2, 2016
Hi @Jony130 , I downloaded the file and put it under the sub folder. I tried to use 4538, but it doesn't work. Can you give me some idea? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
Hi @Jony130 , I downloaded the file and put it under the sub folder. I tried to use 4538, but it doesn't work. Can you give me some idea? Thanks
What do you mean it doesn't work?
Does that you can''t get the IC symbol into the work schematic file or it doesn't work when you trying to run it to simulate the circuit?

You can put the CD4538.asy file into the dir lib/sym/Digital/ and quit from the program, and run the LTSpice simulation program again, and go to get the CD4538.

cjcgmjs

Joined Oct 2, 2016
Hi ScottWang,

Thanks for your reply. I'm having trouble simulating it. I put the CD4538.asy in the C:\Users\J**** M***\Documents\LTspiceXVII\lib\sym, and the CD4000.lib file under dir lib/sub, but the system shows "unknown subcircuit" called in when simulating. Can you show me more how you make it to work in more details?

Thanks very much

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
Put your CD4000.lib into:
\lib\sym\EXTRA\CD4000\CD4000.lib

If you don't have the directory EXTRA and CD4000 then create them, I think this is the directory problem, when you put the CD4000.lib in the right directory then problem will be solved.

cjcgmjs

Joined Oct 2, 2016
I'm totally confused. Scott, I put the entire folder both under \sym and \sub, so there shouldn't be any problem with the directory. Also, there are two directories, one is C:\Program Files\LTC\LTspiceXVII\lib, another is C:\Users\J*** M***\Documents\LTspiceXVII\lib, which one are you mentioning? When I added other models, I used the latter one and they worked.

Also, Alec-t, thanks for your advice. Can you give more details about how you make it work? Thanks

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
@cjcgmjs,
Your LTSpice working directory should be this C:\Program Files\LTC\LTspiceXVII\lib, and put the CD4000.lib into the \sym\EXTRA\CD4000\ directory, the directory and file will be like this C:\Program Files\LTC\LTspiceXVII\lib\sym\EXTRA\CD4000\CD4000.lib, because the sym directory have already created, so you just need create the other two directories as EXTRA and CD4000, the CD4000 directory should be under the EXTRA directory.

If you want to check which directory will be work then you just modify any one of the CD4000.lib file as CD4000-.lib which directory you putted in and restart the LTSpice program to try, when the CD4000-.lib file in which directory won't affecting the program to get the CD4538 component, and then you can make sure that the other directory will be the working directory.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Scott, LTspiceXVII ignores the Program Files path and instead looks in the Documents path for the model files.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
Scott, LTspiceXVII ignores the Program Files path and instead looks in the Documents path for the model files.
Are you sure?
I don't have the LTSpice related files with *.lib in the Documents path, I only putted the file CD4000.lib in the directory C:\Program Files\LTC\LTspiceXVII\lib\sym\EXTRA\CD4000\ and the program could catch the file, so I can put the CD4538 symbol on the working sheet.

UserNameForLTspice.gif