component identification

I AM FAQ

Joined Sep 14, 2010
hey all, so Im currently studying engineering and electronics and so have been gifted with several boxes of components and such by a distant relations wife (complicated lmao) alongside the easily recognisable stuff there is a absolute stack of stuff dating years and years back so I wouldn't have a clue what they are lol could anybody tell me what these are? (sorry about bad quality)

Thanks.

P.s this is just the tip of the iceberg expect a few more of these threads from me.

Attachments

Last edited:

marshallf3

Joined Jul 26, 2010
hey all, so Im currently studying engineering and electronics and so have been gifted with several boxes of components and such by a distant relations wife (complicated lmao) alongside the easily recognisable stuff there is a absolute stack of stuff dating years and years back so I wouldn't have a clue what they are lol could anybody tell me what these are? (sorry about bad quality)

Thanks.

P.s this is just the tip of the iceberg expect a few more of these threads from me.
Center pix that look like multi-flavor popsicles are caps, the ones one the left could be oddball resistors, inductors or ??, the ones on the right look to be caps too but of a strange assortment.

eblc1388

Joined Nov 28, 2008
The photo shows silvered mica capacitor. Their size are big and they are really expensive if one needs them. They are usually of high voltage rating and are very stable in the high frequency application.

However, because of their relatively large size, they are seldom found in modern appliance.

If you can pick out say 5 of the same capacitance value, you might be able to sell them on eBay and get several pounds for a pack of 5.

I'm not sure about the blue guys.

Attachments

marshallf3

Joined Jul 26, 2010
Silver Mica caps high? Isn't that the truth and some ham radio operators would pay high $$ for them.

All of these antique components have value to a vintage radio restorer and the true silver micas are gold.

I'd try to sort through the lot into piles of identical components first to see what you have.