Component Identification

CircuitSurfer

Joined Sep 19, 2009
I came upon this bead and not sure whether its a tantalum capacitor. The picture is not so great.

Also there were many rectangular things. I've attached a picture of the symbol underneath it.

Can someone tell me what these parts are?

Attachments

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
The site that has the outline that looks something like a figure-8 is most likely a removable shorting link.

hgmjr

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
I think you posted in the wrong thread; the one referring to the missing schematic for some power supply.
Austin,
Take a look at the rightmost pic that our OP attached to his initial post; that's what hgmjr's referring to.

Since it has a reference designator beginning with an F, I'd thing that a fusible link (or just a plain fuse) would be a good guess. Hard to say what value they'd be without knowing more about the specifications of the parts they're in there to protect.

ELECTRONERD

Joined May 26, 2009
Austin,
Take a look at the rightmost pic that our OP attached to his initial post; that's what hgmjr's referring to.

Since it has a reference designator beginning with an F, I'd thing that a fusible link (or just a plain fuse) would be a good guess. Hard to say what value they'd be without knowing more about the specifications of the parts they're in there to protect.
Thanks SgtWookie, when he said "site" that confused me. It is, of course, a site but I was thinking of it being only a picture.

Austin

CircuitSurfer

Joined Sep 19, 2009
I wasn't talking about the capacitor. I wanted to know what the rectangular thing was for. The pictures are from a SONY HD satellite receiver. The rectangular components were dispersed throughout the board and there were many of them.