Component ID help

rbkxiiowe

Joined Mar 13, 2009
Can anyone tell me what these components are? Thy came in a big box of junk. I just want to know if they're useful or whether I should throw them away. (Clicky)

rbkxiiowe

Joined Mar 13, 2009
What components are you referring to?

hgmjr
The ones in the photo.

Are the can thingies on the right the old ICs? Any idea what they are for? I can't find anything by googling the markings. I'm just interested to know before I chuck them away.

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
I can't see them since I am at work and the website you posted your image on is blocked. If you had attached the image to the post itself, I would be able to see it.

hgmjr

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
I do not think your components are worth much. I see some resistors that has been overheated. And some 723 circuits. These are voltage regulators. If they work you may use them in a hobby project. One of my first hobby project was a LM723 based voltage regulator with adjustable current limiting. Then I se some sort of a diode. Also some inductors. The 3 pin components are EMI filters. More about them here http://www.murata.com/products/catalog/pdf/c30e.pdf. I am not sure about the resistor in fuse housing

rbkxiiowe

Joined Mar 13, 2009
Thanks. I wasn't interested in whether they were worth anything. Just what they were, especially the 723 things. Thanks t06afre.

So the two at the bottom making the C shapes are resistors are they? And the grey sphere 5th along the top row is a diode? I assume the thing that looks like a radiator from the 1950s is a variable resistor that's lost its wiper?

Why is that resistor trapped inside a glass fuse thing?!

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Yes the the grey sphere 5th along the top row is a diode, and the two two at the bottom making the C shapes are resistors. Badly burnt I must say. The 4th along the top may also be an inductor,diode or a resistor. I can not see from the picture, . I am 99% about the 723 circuits. I remember I also designed for the dip version, but I could not get it so I had to bend the pins on a metal can type to make it fit in dip socket

Last edited: