Complex Fourier Series Coefficients

ohwcomp

Joined Sep 16, 2008
Hi All,

Lets say we want to calculate the Complex Fourier Series Coefficients of a signal. Lets say this signal is periodic with T=2.
Its signal looks like this

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp47/ohwcomp/Q1.jpg

Looks like a sawtooth signal but with no negative bit. How do I express this signal x(t) = ?

Then how do I calculate these Complex Fourier Series Coefficients? Im really stuck and not too sure on the theory either. I understand that the signal can be expressed a sum of two sinusoids etc that have the same fundamental frequency which is a multiple of the period. Thus using Eulers formula can be written in phasor form but where do I go from here?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

ohwcomp

Joined Sep 16, 2008
Thanks for the info Steve, currently working on a solution for that problem.

I have another question if anyone can help me please.

I can find out the fundamental frequency by using the f = 1/T.
I understand that the power spectrum is different than the magnitude spectrum ie that it is squared.
Im a little confused how to interpret these graphs to get the frequencies and phase components, and into what kind of form or expression to get this output signal.

What is the ouput signal form? Is it a sum of sinusoids? Similar to the Q1 asked above?

Thanks again!

ohwcomp

Joined Sep 16, 2008
Can anyone help please on both questions?

Does the sqaure wave have a fundamental frequency of 2KHz with harmonic frequencies 5KHz 10KHz etc. ie for k = 1,3,5 etc.