Complex circuit, help in writing state variable equs.

TheSpArK505

Joined Sep 25, 2013
Hello everybody.

I,m taking the electric circuit 2 course and for this course the doctor assigned a really bad timing homework. whatever, i have started analyzing the circuit and writing the state variable equations.

my attempt still in the beginning...but i would like any help about afterwards.
the circuit and the attempt and my questions are attached.

but i,m wondering..are the only tools i need are : KCK, KVL, and mathematical::eek: substitution!!! if there are any other helpful tools please tell me.

gneill

Joined Feb 7, 2014
Hello everybody.

I,m taking the electric circuit 2 course and for this course the doctor assigned a really bad timing homework. whatever, i have started analyzing the circuit and writing the state variable equations.

my attempt still in the beginning...but i would like any help about afterwards.
the circuit and the attempt and my questions are attached.

but i,m wondering..are the only tools i need are : KCK, KVL, and mathematical::eek: substitution!!! if there are any other helpful tools please tell me.
There are several helpful techniques that ultimately boil down to creative use of KVL and KCL. Things like mesh analysis and nodal analysis, or even Thevenin and Norton equivalents. Mesh and Nodal analysis are both amenable to matrix methods for solutions, and often the matrices can be written by inspection alone.

Which ones to use to advantage depends upon the details of the circuit; it's something that you gain by experience, being able to recognize opportunities to apply certain methods.

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Hi,

It helps to choose the state variables as the more slowly changing quantities of the energy storage elements, for example the capacitor voltage.

If you have a sample circuit we could take a look and get you started.