Completed Projects forum

chrisw1990

Joined Oct 22, 2011
What about.. adding a template?
say you have to upload one pdf schematic, one hex, one pcb document etc.. as minimum, and until that, you couldnt post it?
or even a sticky of a "Perfect/Ideal" project post.. similar to a template, but with examples..:)

In addition..
what if i wanted to post a little short-circuit/over-current protection circuit?
it would simply be a couple of components.. a tried and tested circuit, would that be suitable to post in the projects bit?

Last edited:

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
There is already a template, though some try not to follow it. It is spelled out clearly.

Anything that involves reprogramming the site is not likely to happen.

On the other hand I can enforce rules quite nicely. :D

The object is not to prevent people from posting their projects, but to do so in a way it can be there 10 years from now. We have lost several projects due to the fact people try using their favorite websites, or ones that belong to them, and then the sites went away. The old projects are grandfathered in, but new projects this is not acceptable.

No, a small circuit does not qualify, however if you post an entire power supply with these features there would be no problem.

chrisw1990

Joined Oct 22, 2011
yeh sorry small circuit sounds quite blonde..
i just mean for example.. the circuit i had in mind.. its effectively a current control digital switch with overcurrent output.. its useful and have used it many times for test jigs.. its a nifty circuit and want to share:)

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Then put it into context. Most people, myself included, pick a circuit apart to see if there are bits I can learn from it.

If it is not a completed project it belongs in the Projects Forum, that is what it is there for.

I am bumping up the quality of stuff posted in the Completed Projects Forum. I still get more people with under 10 posts trying to use it to show their work without showing what went into making of it.

The point is to allow people to duplicate projects of interest.

There is another approach, start a blog.

Here is how I did it.

Bill's Index

chrisw1990

Joined Oct 22, 2011
ahh yes, good idea!
and of course it wouldnt go in the completed projects, but simply wasnt sure where stuff like that would go.. call them circuit snippets..:)

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I do concept circuit all the time, and have posted them in the Projects Forum.

Many times I write them up in the form of an article, then link to them via my blog.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
OK, I have been doing some minor modification on the Index. Where there is a definitive µC I have added the chip name to the index as part of the project name.

There is a reason for this. If someone knows a chip they are going to be more interested in finding out more. I am also thinking of doing a few "how to" articles to compliment some of these projects. Some of the projects I have an interest in, I may go one step further and design PCB layouts for them. But it all starts with the chip, most of which are PICs.

I will be starting a separate thread for this concept, so if you post here I will likely move it to the new thread.

Programming the PIC 16F628A and 16F1828

Last edited: