Complete Projects

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Looks like a winner. I don't really like to number my table, so I left it out. What is the point of the last post (not sarcasm, serious question)?

I suspect we are going to have some other queries about how this is done unless they find this thread first. It is a function that has been needed for some time.

I have several threads where I have been doing this by using tables made in Paint.

Your failed formatting attempt is because you pulled your example from my {font} experiments. It is why I have a moderated backup in there. I will copy the original posts further down, moderate them, and keep them as backups. It is one of the things moderation is good for.

Last edited:

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
It was a failed column by column formatting attempt. I deleted it already. Interpreted the instruction wrong.

So, what's the final formatting you want to go with?

Note that if you enter the option "header" in the table options, the first row stands out in blue background and is center alligned.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I'm going to relax for a while, then get back to it.

Backups are the first business, but none of the users will see it, unless they are looking while I am doing it. Posts will popping in and out of existence.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Do you care for submission date sorting? If so, we have to put the YYYY/MM/DD format. Call the shots so we can all start filling in the project list.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Don't know, lets see what other people think. I originally put them into alphabetical order. I think I have touch of OCD to go along with my ADD.

OCD = Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
ADD = Attention Deficit Disorder

A bad combination that.

If you think we should I'm game.

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
Don't know, lets see what other people think. I originally put them into alphabetical order. I think I have touch of OCD to go along with my ADD.

OCD = Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
ADD = Attention Deficit Disorder

A bad combination that.

If you think we should I'm game.
I worked with a kid once, he had ADHD and narcolepsy. One minute he was all over the place, and the next, he was sleeping...

You are doing a good job!

Last edited:

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I would like to see the submissions in chronological order. It would depict how the forum has evolved. That, or by author, alphabetically.

But I like the first better.

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
Layout in post #4 will be awesome.:) (In the index page)

Or whatever # the post have now...

Last edited:

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
I 've been trying to set a constant column width but I can't find any proper instructions on the net. Two days of surfing have not proven fruitful.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Saw it before, it doesn't (see below). It seems that our version of vBulletin doesn't support full BB codes. The problem is I don't know its limitations and I can't find them.

ProjectAuthorSubmission Date
Project1John DoeDate1
Project2Jane DoeDate2

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
I'm thinking there should either be another category, or a * by projects for microcontrollers.

Or a Microcontroller Projects section that has projects from other sections that use uC's listed.

That way, people who like uCs can look there, and those who don't have a programmer/hate programming/think they are too old/<insert your excuse here, Bill>, can avoid them. :D

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Here is "The Manual" For working with tables, and the extra options you can get:

You can also sort the table once posted by clicking on any header, such as the Author, or sort by date, just click on Author or date in the table.

All entries are pipe delimited "|" (without the quotes), so if you use your table wizard, and change all of the [td][/td] to a single | it will work, just use search/replace in any text editor. New rows are defined by end of line, no tags needed.

Rich (BB code):
Introduction to options:
example:
The whole option list should be wrapped with quotes. Options are seperated by a semicolon If an option has a value it is assigned with "equal to" mark. (option2) If the value contains blanks or special characters it has to be wrapped with apostrophes. (option3) If an option has more than one value they are seperated by a comma. (option4) Description of options: head This option defines the first line as head, so the first row is shown as head of the table. If the table sould be sorted, the head is not sorted. sort=1d,2,3 This defines the table to be sorted by column 1, then column 2, then column 3. The "d" after the first colum specifies the order: descending (default: ascending) autonum=1 (equal to autonum ) autonum=a autonum=A Defines that a new first column containing a numbering should be inserted. 1 -> 1, 2, 3, 4, ... , 999, 1000, .... a -> a, b, c, ... , aa, ab, ... , zz A -> A, B, C, ... , AA, BB, ... , ZZ autonumtitle=oneword autonumtitle='long value with spaces' Defines the title of the autonum-column. Can be left empty. width=123px width=45em width=67% Defines the width of the table.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
OK, I opened your post #15 for editing using my moderator privileges. There is a straight line between each field.

Halloween decorations|tom66|11/3/2010

How do I generate that character?

Right now the topics are sorted alphabetically. I did it by hand .
Using the table=head option of table (quote this post to see), you get this, which sorts itself!

Project Name|Author|Date Submitted

It HATES one line tables, but if you add more with table=head;sort=3, it will autosort them by date. Right now, Just click on "Date Submitted" 3 times to sort by year, it sorts dates in all formats, year before slash, in middle, or at end, so if you keep clicking "Submitted", you'll see it re-order by month, day, year on each click until you get the sort you want.

nerdegutta

Joined Dec 15, 2009
Using the table=head option of table (quote this post to see), you get this, which sorts itself!

Project Name|Author|Date Submitted

It HATES one line tables, but if you add more with table=head;sort=3, it will autosort them by date. Right now, Just click on "Date Submitted" 3 times to sort by year, it sorts dates in all formats, year before slash, in middle, or at end, so if you keep clicking "Submitted", you'll see it re-order by month, day, year on each click until you get the sort you want.
Nice sorting routine....

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Okay, I observe it sorts only by absolute date, that is by Year, then Month, then Day, but in the format DD/MM/YYY (Europe Rulez!), and only if Day and Month have two digits.

That will probably push us to change our date format.