Complete Manual for Heathkit GC-1005

sfeinsmith

Joined Mar 20, 2013
I downloaded PDF from website and then discovered it showed partial information on GC-1005, digital clock. Someone did not scan from page 4 to 20 contained assembly procedure. I assume that person was lazy to make a complete scan the document.

I disassembled my Heathkit GC-1005 and cannot find my original Heathkit manual. I think I may lost it during moving incident.

I need a complete PDF file because I need to create new colored ribbon cable into proper length before reassemble the boards together. I appreciate if any of you can convert into PDF and send to me and then I can finish the job.

Thank you

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
How is this materially different from your other thread:

http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/showthread.php?t=87264

Are you planning to post a new thread asking for the same thing on a weekly basis?

Don't be too surprised if no one here has the exact specific manual you are looking for.

Why do you need the assembly instructions to determine the length to cut and strip your ribbon cable. Since you have built one before, I would expect your familiarity with the device to be adequate to let you make reasonable determinations of these.

sfeinsmith

Joined Mar 20, 2013
Reason to use assembly section in manual as follows:

#1 I need to verify every components that someone built it and often with my other devices showed wrong kind of components, some showed reversed installed. Sometimes, it showed wrong installed such as R11 should use 1K and R12 uses 10K. They were reversed and blew transistor. That is why I need to inspect every components.

#2 I preferrable to use factory specification on ribbon cable to cut proper length as I always increased by 1/8 inches on one end to ease install into via holes.

#3 One of Heathkit oscilloscope, I suspected something wrong with one board and then I checked with assembly manual and then discovered a missing metal shield. Unfortunately, Heath Company went out of business in early of 1990's. I created new aluminium strip and made almost like original designed as showed from the assembly manual. Now, oscilloscope is working much better than before.

I strongly support assembly section should be included. I discouraged to learn several PDF showed lot of missing pages. So many people between 1980's and 1990's did not bother to upload PDF files to help each others. I discovered several young generation Heathkit users ruined so many equipment and discarded into trash can because they did not have proper manuals. Only professional electronic techician or electrical engineering can able to make wonderful repairs without manuals. One of my good friend as retired electrical engineering realized after figure out why MOSFET blew up so quick regardless they were matched with new one. He found three compoents were not correct and then he borrowed my assembly manual and now MOSFET is working fine.

My effort to see if someone can provide the manual that I need badly. If not, then I have to sit and watch eBay for someone may sell used GC-1005 manual.

About other sites, I discovered all of them have GC-1005 manual with miss page 5 to 20. That was assembly section. I gave up with this one. Also I hate to make order for copy the manual with fee because they used photocopy machine and was a real sloppy and hard to read.

Thanks,
Steven

RichardO

Joined May 4, 2013
I have digitized the Assembly Manual for the Heathkit Electronic Clock GC-1005. It is too large to upload at one time, so I am working on breaking it into pieces. Stay tuned.

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
12Mb isn't "large" anymore. I once bought a 20Mb hard drive for $800 and thought it was huge, but a 3Tb drive can be had for ~$100 these days.

I downloaded PDF from website and then discovered it showed partial information on GC-1005, digital clock. Someone did not scan from page 4 to 20 contained assembly procedure. I assume that person was lazy to make a complete scan the document.

I disassembled my Heathkit GC-1005 and cannot find my original Heathkit manual. I think I may lost it during moving incident.

I need a complete PDF file because I need to create new colored ribbon cable into proper length before reassemble the boards together. I appreciate if any of you can convert into PDF and send to me and then I can finish the job.

Thank you
As a last resort you might 'check out' Data Professionals:

http://www.d8apro.com

Where $10 plus shipping 'scores' you a complete, "Very Clean" manual for the GC-1005 (Part No. ="MAN-GC-1005") :cool:

Best regards
HP