comparator circuit

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Give the practical name of a comparator circuit with both positive and negative trip points.
Both answers you've received are reasonable given the sparse nature of your description.

Are you looking for a comparator whose output tells you that you are between the trip points, or whose output only tells you whether you are above the lower trip point or below the upper trip point with either output state being possible between the trip points?

t_n_k

Joined Mar 6, 2009
This is the second of the OP's threads which demands an answer without the slightest courtesy or adherence to the homework forum policy. Why do we continue to provide answers to such threads?

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
I can't keep track of which posters abuse the policy and which ones don't. I wasn't too pleased with the first direct answer given, but was happy to see the second because at least it presented the opportunity to ask the OP to at least ask a better and more specific question. Whether they will or not....

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
Why do we continue to provide answers to such threads?
Only some respond with the answers. I would encourage both members who answered reveiw the rules of the homework forum and try to adhere to them in the future. Answering the question does the inquiring poster no justice, and those that answer don't get credit for the answer.

I'll just keep reminding them and hope they will see why the rules are there.