Comp virus..

playstation.aneesh

Joined Jan 8, 2008
Any hardcore gaming ppl out here......i have a virus on ma comp ..it is prolly a trojan..after few restarts my shorcut game icons appear to be like a white color module meaning that it lost its game path or target and gives me " browse for files" . once i crack it back the icon appears and shortcut becomes valid

any particular fix for removing this worm or trojan..

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
Just the usual things. Download and install AVG free antivirus. Also, get Spybot 1.5. Run both after installation. If the crud in your computer is clever, it may disable the antivirus programs.

You may be able to get a friend to put Spybot on his computer and transfer it onto a thumb drive so you can run it on your computer. The same might work for AVG if you got it to install enough to put the registry keys in place.

Online game sites are just magnets for malware. Going to one without good antivirus protection will just get your computer eaten up.

Good luck - the next step may be blowing the drive and reinstalling the system.

bloguetronica

Joined Apr 27, 2007
You can also run SmitFraudFix. This program might be a little dangerous (never gave me problems), but once you follow the instruction (please don't let the disk cleanup start!), your computer will be cleaned.

You should try Avast. I personally find it better than AVG, not wanting to advertise a product that I'm not related with.

playstation.aneesh

Joined Jan 8, 2008
thanks buddies......but avg wud clean up all my exe files !!! it wud delete my game shortcut icons ..by the way my comp is connected with 6 different comps thro LAN,,iN SHORT i need a program wich cud disinfect such virus but not delete the file...i tried kaspersky but it deleted my fav game files " counterstrike" .. : (