common collector push pull design

serhatkisa

Joined May 15, 2011
hi.i just made the calculation for this amplifier, but i suspect that it is not correct because the simulation wasnt work.please help me.

Attachments

Jony130

Joined Feb 17, 2009
But the push-pull stage voltage gain is always smaller then 1.
The push-pull stage is a "current amplifier" not a voltage.
And additional your design is very poor because R2 and R3 further reduce the voltage gain.

Ron H

Joined Apr 14, 2005
I don't see any power supply in your simulation. It should be +12V.
A 10 ohm load will cause a lot of attenuation. Try 10kohms. You will still get crossover distortion, because the voltage between the bases is only 1.18V.

serhatkisa

Joined May 15, 2011
i have fixed the problem about simulation. it works now as you see below but when i tried to set up the circuit on the breadboard, the output signal is clipped somehow. i drawed it in red line.(clipped part is under red line) i can not get the reason of this problem. i have to fix that circuit until tomorrow. please help me.

(i put the screen shots from the circuit simulation operating normally. and the ossiloscope screen when i set up the circuit on board.)

Attachments

serhatkisa

Joined May 15, 2011
i tried two bd140 transistors but none of them fix the problem. if you think that the bd140 is defective can you suggest a transistor model instead of it

Audioguru

Joined Dec 20, 2007
I don't use old European BD139 and BD140 transistors. I use American TIP31 and TIP32 instead which are almost the same but they are in a modern TO-220 case.

serhatkisa

Joined May 15, 2011
i fix the problem about graph that cilipped negative alternation by changing the transistors to Tip31-32. now occure another problem. the output voltage value is too weak. push pull amplifiers have a voltage gain about 1 they have current gain. but on my circuit Vav is nearly 0.3 how can i fix this problem. i cannot change the load resistance value because push pull amps have small valued resistance

serhatkisa

Joined May 15, 2011
is there noone to help me? when i use tip31 and 32 transistors i cant see crossover distortion.please help me because i will complete this project before tuesday.