Commom emitter amplifier circuit - clarification

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by majawahar, Feb 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. majawahar

Thread Starter New Member

Jan 28, 2016
    Dear friends,

Can some one clarify my doubt

In a 12V single stage common emitter amplifier circuit, i assume that when the circuit is on with a steady +12 DC, the voltage and current accross the transistor collector,base and emitter will be constant and will vary only when a sino sidal wave or anny other wave is appled at the input (base) of the transistor

If i am wrong then can some one explain ?

Regards

M.A.Jawahar

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    Yes. You have described the steady state conditions for a common emitter amplifier stage. In the absence of a changing signal on the base, the collector current and voltage will be stable.

3. majawahar

Jan 28, 2016
    thanks AAC, but when i tried to simulate the circuit under the above condition and tried to check teh base collector & emitter current i found the the currents continuously changing.Can you suggest me what is happening?
    Should i send the circuit as attachment.Will you be able to spare some time and read the attachment and guide me what i have done wrong

4. majawahar

Jan 28, 2016
    Here is the attachment,please go through the same and suggest me why is that problem occurring there

5. majawahar

Jan 28, 2016
    Here is the attachment,please go through the same and suggest me why is that problem occurring there

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    There is nothing in that 5.3 MB PDF about this circuit. It mentions CADSOFT. Is that your simulation software?

R1 is not supposed to have 6 volts across it. It calculates as more than 8 volts.
    You have a problem with simulation. I don't know how to simulate. I can't fix a simulator problem.

I am called, "Number Twelve".
    Perhaps somebody else can help with the simulation problem.

7. majawahar

Jan 28, 2016
    please go through the second attachment

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    I did. How would I know the voltage on R1 is not 6 volts if I didn't look at the circuit?

9. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.