Commodore C64 Survives Over 25 Years Balancing Drive Shafts In Auto Repair Shop

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
You can sort of understand how the electronics could last that long but it seems really remarkable that the keyboard still works, especially considering that environment.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
You can sort of understand how the electronics could last that long but it seems really remarkable that the keyboard still works, especially considering that environment.
I don't think a modern keyboard would stand a chance. But back then things were generally built to last.

Natakel

Joined Oct 11, 2008
If they were the original purchaser, I'd say they certainly got bang for their buck.

I think the oldest still functioning computer I have is a 133Mhz Cyrix CPU based PC from 1997. Well, lets just say it was functioning when I last shut it down in 2003, I think? It's stored in my basment somewhere, lol

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
If they were the original purchaser, I'd say they certainly got bang for their buck.

I think the oldest still functioning computer I have is a 133Mhz Cyrix CPU based PC from 1997. Well, lets just say it was functioning when I last shut it down in 2003, I think? It's stored in my basment somewhere, lol
My oldest machine is a 50 MHz 486DX from 1991. Like yours, it has been some time since it's been booted up.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
My oldest running machine is a 1994 Fujitsu Stylistic 500 tablet.

Slow but it still works as a media controller using Girder.

I have another one running a very old version of Linux with a pcmcia driver I wrote that's still in the Linux kernel.

Last edited:

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I've got a working Apple II, and a Mac II which I think was a 16MHz machine. Probably a nice power supply in that one I could pull.

If it's not older than 1990, a computer is just "modern" junk, not an antique! :D