commissionable job

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by fillman86, Nov 30, 2009.

1. fillman86

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 30, 2009
    I'm new here, and didn't know were to post, but I have a job for anyone who can do it.

what I want to do is to set up my car with paddle shifters, to do that I need to have 2 main switches that can for a certain amount of time run an electric motor (half a second approxish) and the second to run it the opposite way. what this will do is, move a shaft in and out.

then it gets trickier, I want to be able to, at any length, be able to hold a button down and have the motor move the shaft back to the starting position, and when I let go to have the shaft move back to its original position. I'm not quite sure would be the easiest way for you to do, but I was thinking the motor would run until it would hit a switch, and have it run the other way for the exact same time (will be different for each gear, maybe you could have the ic to know what gear its in, and have it move for a certain time each way for all 3 gears, thats only 3 set times each way, but only controlled from one button)

and I should mention I don't have a whole lot of money, so if your interested, you should let me know how much you think its worth.