Comet CA-430GX Antenna, Mobile? Base? Any info wanted.

Discussion in 'Wireless & RF Design' started by kd0afx, Nov 14, 2009.

1. kd0afx

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 13, 2009
    I bought this weird looking antenna in a swap meet on my visit to Cali....the seller had no idea what was it. It was in a plastic bag. It looked kinda interesting, so I bough it. Pay $5.00 for it. It looks new, there was no marks of ever been assembled, and I can't really tell how to do it. There's no manual or instructions, I don't even know if it is complete. I google it and there's absolutelly no information about this model. I hope somebody have one of this and help me how to assemble this antenna. Thanks!! :confused:

2. wr8y

Sep 16, 2008
    Odd.... I have the Comet catalog from 2006. The CA-430 is not shown. The model number IMPLIES that it would be a 420-450 mHz mobile antenna - but I can't be sure.

I suspect it's an older model, old enough that their website doesn't talk about it.

I think that your only bet is contacting Comet (which may prove to be a waste of time).

3. kd0afx

Nov 13, 2009
    I know!! This is weird. I'm trying to put this antenna together and it looks like it's been made for Base Station....altough is a small design, lokks like a directional vertical antenna. I'll find out how to post a picture so it shows how it looks like! ;)

4. wr8y

Sep 16, 2008
    That would help ---- odd that Comet's website doesn't mention it.

Any change the model number is being misrepresented to you? Maybe the guy didn't really remember it right.

5. kd0afx

Nov 13, 2009
    Well...I hope this will help. I don't see any brackets to be used as a Base Antenna but who knows, I think this is how supossed to be assembled.