Combinational Logic Design problems

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by ecjohnny, Sep 20, 2011.

1. ecjohnny

Thread Starter Senior Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Hi.. can anyone teach me how i can tackle combination circuit design problems.
    i am learning logic design now and i am have problem understanding especially when i am ask to draw the circuit with gates or..?
    [​IMG]

For example these 2 problem. For 21, i know what a comparator does and i understand its truth table but i dont know how to add gates or to draw the required circuit.
    Similarly for 22, i can derive the truthtable and but from the truthtable i dont know what gate to use to add to the MUX to implement Z.

Maybe you can list down the steps to you would do to tackle these 2 problem and hopefully i can understand better. NOTE: i dont need the solution to the problem as i have it, i just need explanation and steps to do to tackle such problem.

Thanks

2. tgotwalt1158

Feb 28, 2011
    Where are the problems?

3. ecjohnny

Thread Starter Senior Member

Jul 16, 2005
    In my previous post above. There is a link. is is dead or not shown? then may i'll reupload it.

4. tgotwalt1158

Feb 28, 2011
    I checked through your previous posts but it does not exist. May be moderator has removed it due to any reason. Any way check following link, might solve your problems if it is due to right selection of formulae.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combinational_logic