Combinational logic circuit project...any suggestions

electrogirl

Joined May 2, 2010
Hi. In our logic class we are currently on the topic of the boolean theorems, and our instructor asked us to do a project on combinational logic circuit. I'm posting this thread to gather some suggestion on a project about combination logic circuit. Simple projects would do as long as it is useful. Thanks!

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
Here is a link to an article that covers one implimentation of a coin toss design.

This circuit may not exploit combinatorial logic to the extent that your assignment requires.

If that is the case, then you could consider an electronic lock. The input could be multiple toggle switches that would then feed the combinatorial logic that would then have to be set in the correct pattern to enable the lock.

hgmjr

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
When I was in college I build the dice just for the heck of it. I also built the coin toss, but there was a bias in the coin toss I couldn't figure out.

The dice worked great, which made it all the more puzzling when I discovered I'd left some power supply pins unconnected. Evidently the logic was getting enough power through the inputs to power some of the chips.

This is the format I used for the dice (7 LEDs), and their permutations.

o . o .... ... .... ...o.... ...o....o...o....o...o....o...o
o o o .... .o. .... . . .... .o. .... . . .... .o. ....o. .o
o . o .... ... .... o.. ....o... ....o...o....o...o....o...o

It isn't too complex, but does require a nice mix of gates. My project fit into a really small radio shack box using 1970's technology.

Last edited: