COM pc port....

n9xv

Joined Jan 18, 2005
I got distracted on that last post and did'nt attach the attachment, sorry about that. I have since edited that post (around 6:00 PM CST) and attached the file. It appears to upload fine but when I try to download it I get a message that the file is invalid???

This is what I did to zip the file (using Windows XP);

I right clicked the file and chose send to ziped folder and then selected the folder named FREQWAVE.zip to upload.

Any thoughts?

pebe

Joined Oct 11, 2004
Originally posted by n9xv@Apr 8 2005, 12:15 AM
I got distracted on that last post and did'nt attach the attachment, sorry about that. I have since edited that post (around 6:00 PM CST) and attached the file. It appears to upload fine but when I try to download it I get a message that the file is invalid???

This is what I did to zip the file (using Windows XP);

I right clicked the file and chose send to ziped folder and then selected the folder named FREQWAVE.zip to upload.
Any thoughts?
[post=6792]Quoted post[/post]​
Got it! No problem. Your file's OK. Your problem must be in how you download it. Here's how I did it. I use Win XP.

I clicked on your attachment. A box 'File Dowload' opened and asked if I wanted to Open or Save the file. I clicked on 'Save' and, on my computer, it was saved to c:\Downloads and Settings\myname\Desktop\Downloads\freqwave.zip.

The Winzip box came up showing the contents of the .zip file (freqwave.exe) and I clicked on 'Extract'. The file freqwave.exe was extracted to the same folder.

I ran it. It was headed 'Wavelength in Free Space'. It showed a sine wave and from a frequency which you entered, it calculated wavelength and period.

Success! Nice one.

n9xv

Joined Jan 18, 2005
- - - You mean it actually worked!

Well Pebe, thanks for the report/confirmation. Now I'am gonna recopy my steps on paper and lamenate it so I wont forget what I did!

When I tried to download it I tried to open it rather than save it. I dont know if that would make a difference or not. Now I realize why I had trouble emailing the programs to others before.

pebe

Joined Oct 11, 2004
Originally posted by n9xv@Apr 8 2005, 12:59 PM
- - - You mean it actually worked!

Well Pebe, thanks for the report/confirmation. Now I'am gonna recopy my steps on paper and lamenate it so I wont forget what I did!

When I tried to download it I tried to open it rather than save it. I dont know if that would make a difference or not. Now I realize why I had trouble emailing the programs to others before.
[post=6804]Quoted post[/post]​
I don't know if it makes any difference, but I have always saved first.

Try this one. It relates L, C and X for any frequency. Ok for tuned circuits or looking for the corner of CR networks.

Oops! wrong file. This one should be it.