Color Sensor

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Aly, Jan 19, 2011.

1. Aly

Thread Starter New Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Im working on a project in which a circuit has to sense the different colored boxes (red, green, blue) placed in front of it.. can anybody help me out please ??

2. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
  3. marcuspurdy

Sep 3, 2010
    Company named Keyence makes very good color sensors

4. mncp

Sep 10, 2010
    Hi Aly,

I also same things. I found a lot of DIY making RGB LED and LDR.I did not find post or thread for good color sensor information unsing microcontroller control.And no one share how its work and no source code as well. Sometime you can find some info but all half way and they also not sure how to make that circuit.May be senior member can help for this issue. I hope so.

5. djsfantasi

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 11, 2010
    As you found, a simple method is to use a tri-color LED and a CDs photocell (LDR). The microcontroller then sequentially lights each color of the LED and obtains a digital value from the photocell (using the LDR in a voltage divider). Comparing the three values will indicate the color of the object. This link http://www.lynxmotion.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1101&hilit=color+sort describes how someone did this with a Basic Stamp 2 microcontroller and includes the BASIC source code.