college assignment help step 7 microwin

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by joshhewitt7, Feb 14, 2013.

1. joshhewitt7

Thread Starter New Member

Jan 29, 2013
    i have to design a programme to control a conveyor system and sensors

motor 1 of the conveyor system is to be started using a pushbutton start/stop circuit and will then run all the time until stopped

when a product is sensed by sensor 1 this will initiate the starting of the motor 2. the product then transfers to conveyor belt 2

when the product reaches sensor 2 the plc must start motor 3 and then stop motor 2 10 seconds after motor 3 has been started unless another product has been sensed by sensor 1

the product continous on belt 3 until it reaches sensor 3 which indicates t the plc that it has reached this point. the plc must then stop motor 3 after a 5 second delay unless another product has been sensed by sensor 2

also there is to be a hard wired emergency stop

i just want to know how to go about this as i have never used this software before

2. tshuck

Oct 18, 2012
    ...and what software might that be?

3. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    Most software has some kind of Getting Started tutorials to get you up and going at least with the basics.

Then start small and play around with things. Experiment. Have fun with it. Then try to make up small problems that capture one or two aspects of the big problem you are working on. Once you have all the pieces worked out, start putting them together.