Coin operated electric strike.

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by haas, Nov 15, 2014.

1. haas

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 15, 2014
    I am working on a project that involves accepting a coin and in turn open a gate. I only have basic knowledge of circuits and electronics. I looked for products that would fit my requirement, did not find any. Couple of products online might fit my purpose with some tweaking, but they are very expensive. So I decided to try on my own.

I purchased a Sintron CH-923 multi coin acceptor and tested it with a 12V battery for the coins I want to use, works perfectly well. I also purchased a cheap electric strike (Electric Strike Lock - Wood/Metal Door Fail Secure (NO)), it works fine when I apply power. Now I want to setup a circuit to trigger the strike when a coin is accepted. I tried using a Suzo Happ coin switch (used in laundry machines) to trigger the strike, without much success. The Coin Acceptor outputs pulse signals, I am now thinking of using that to trigger the strike. I need your help / guidance in setting up circuit for this.

Link for the manual for CH-923.

Thank you

2. BReeves

Nov 24, 2012
    I did what you are wanting with a microcontroller but it is owned by my company, is this for a commercial product?

3. haas

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 15, 2014
    I can purchase if it is priced with in my budget.

4. BReeves

Nov 24, 2012
    drop me an email.. gluedobber four two two at gmail dot com, replace four two two with the proper digits and no spaces.