Coin cell holders

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Sparky49, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Sparky49

Thread Starter Active Member

Jul 16, 2011
    Hi all,

I've downloaded Design Spark as a PCB designer, but I cannot seem to find where it contains PCB mounted coin-cell holders.

Am I missing them, or does Design Spark not include them?

Perhaps someone could recommend a better program?

Thanks.

2. tracecom

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 16, 2010
    I don't know Design Spark, so I can't say if DipTrace is any better, but it's what I use and I like it. It has a schematic function, layout function, as well as extensive component libraries and creation capabilities. It will output industry standard Gerber files if you are using a PCB vendor.

3. mcgyvr

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 15, 2009
    Just pick/find the holder you want and build it into your Design spark library.. There are hundreds of different coin-cell holders and you can't expect a free (or even expensive) PCB program to have all the parts in the world. I've had to build 90% of the parts I use because they aren't in any out of the box libraries. Its really simple to build your own usually. (I use Diptrace by the way)

Sparky49 likes this.
  4. SgtWookie

Expert

Jul 17, 2007
    You are better off to design your own library parts from the manufacturers' specifications than depend upon someone elses' layout being accurate; you can get "bitten" quite badly by doing the latter.

Sparky49 likes this.