Cognitive Radio Network

naspek

Joined Feb 17, 2010
Hey there..

I'm trying to set up a cognitive radio network for mobile system which will make use of the available spectrum of TV white space (UHF) using Dynamic Channel Assignment to distribute the the users to the available channel..

What should i consider to set up this kind of network?

Thank you.

Ramussons

Joined May 3, 2013
You should do a study on Spectrum Allocation before venturing into Frequency Bands which, you feel, is white space.

There are Regulatory bodies that allot spectrum for specific purposes and one cannot just "use" spectrum at random.

Ramesh

vpoko

Joined Jan 5, 2012
Hey there..

I'm trying to set up a cognitive radio network for mobile system which will make use of the available spectrum of TV white space (UHF) using Dynamic Channel Assignment to distribute the the users to the available channel..

What should i consider to set up this kind of network?

Thank you.
A lot.

Are you building your own transceiver or using a commercial product? In either case, you need to be familiar with FCC (assuming you're in the US) regulations for the use of whitespace (including being familiar with the whitespace database), and for things like maximum transmission power, channel widths, etc. If you're building your own transceiver, you need to be even more aware of what it's doing. Certainly I wouldn't try the latter without proper equipment (Faraday cage, spectrum analyzer, etc) and more importantly, a lot of experience with RF.

naspek

Joined Feb 17, 2010
A lot.

Are you building your own transceiver or using a commercial product? In either case, you need to be familiar with FCC (assuming you're in the US) regulations for the use of whitespace (including being familiar with the whitespace database), and for things like maximum transmission power, channel widths, etc. If you're building your own transceiver, you need to be even more aware of what it's doing. Certainly I wouldn't try the latter without proper equipment (Faraday cage, spectrum analyzer, etc) and more importantly, a lot of experience with RF.
fuuhhh...!! it's sounds like i need to do a lot of works..
but.. if i'm just going to focus on dynamic channel assignment, should i consider
everything that u mention above?