Code to measure the voltage of a supercapacitor using an 18F pic.

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by rups, Aug 2, 2010.

1. rups

Thread Starter New Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Hi guys!
    I’m new to this forum. I need a code which I can use to program a 18F PIC using MPLAB.I need to measure the voltage of a supercapacitor to control the switching on and off of a device. The supercapacitor is solar powered and can be charged up to 5.4V.The supercapacitor will power up a data rf transmitter to send data from a gps chip to a receiver which will be connected to a computer. I need the pic to measure the voltage of the supercapacitor and should the voltage go below 4.7V the transmitter should be switched off. The pic should measure the voltage of the supercapacitor and when it is about 5 .4V transmit again. However the transmitter requires a 2 second delay to be ready to boot and transmit once again.

Please help!

2. Vaughanabe13

May 4, 2009
    Why don't you post any schematics, diagrams, code, anything you have been working on so we can help you. I can't just write code for you from scratch that will do everything you want without knowing your hardware considerations, the compiler you're using, etc.