CO gas monitor

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by knlchand, Oct 5, 2011.

1. knlchand

Thread Starter New Member

Oct 5, 2011
    HI

With my lack of electronics knowledge I m trying to build a battery powered CO monitor using a TGS2442 CO sensor and PICAXE-08M2+ chip. Could some1 plse help me with interfacing the sensor to the microporocessor with circuit diagrams and coding. The monitor is meant for domestic use.

plse help ne1

2. debe

Sep 21, 2010
    Ive built a kit CO sensor as you describe & it cost a bout $70. I later purchased one on E bay for $35, which can be altered to run of 12V DC. I use this in my caravan. Pics of the Ebay unit i finished up using.

knlchand likes this.
  3. debe

Sep 21, 2010
    This is the circuit of the Kit that i originaly built its a Siliconchip project.

knlchand likes this.
  4. knlchand

Oct 5, 2011
    omg....dis is exactly wat i m looking 4....is it too much to ask for ur notes on the one u built for $70.it wud be of immense help to me as i m looking to build 1 for myself.

5. debe

Sep 21, 2010
    You would need to buy the Kit as the PIC is pre programed. Whynot buy the Ebay one as its half the price & does the same job?

6. knlchand

Oct 5, 2011
    that sounds like a good idea....any links as to where i can get a kit and use my own pic and programme it. i would like to get a bit more hands on and understand how the circuitry actually works

7. knlchand

Oct 5, 2011
    hi daryl....i was wandering if you had that silicon chip article on the CO Alarm/Alert.