CMOS logic for sine wave?

KCHARROIS

Joined Jun 29, 2012
Hello,

Is there such an IC or discrete cmos circuit that will allow me to pass or block a sine wave signal from going through depending if another pin is high or low?

Thanks

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Hello,

Is there such an IC or discrete cmos circuit that will allow me to pass or block a sine wave signal from going through depending if another pin is high or low?

Thanks
What do you mean by "block a sine wave signal"? Do you mean block a signal at a certain frequency? Do you mean block a sine wave signal but let signals other than sine waves pass?

Please be more specific.

KCHARROIS

Joined Jun 29, 2012
Pretty much what MikeML gave is exactly what I need. So a logic 1 or 0 to to allow a signal to go through doesn't matter on frequency.

rogs

Joined Aug 28, 2009
The 4066 that Mike ML suggests will do exactly as you ask.

As an alternative, you might like to check the 4051 mulitplexer series as well?

Same function as the 4066 - A logic 'hi' or 'lo' to control an analogue signal path.
It does however also include the facility to allow a single positive voltage control signal (0v and +5V for example) to control a 'bipolar' analogue signal (+5 to -5V p-p for example).
The 4066 does not permit an analogue signal below or above the DC logic control levels

That can be useful when any associated op amp circuitry is supplied with a positive and negative supply...