CMOS is faster than TTL?

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
I think many members as me used the TTL IC very less, maybe just for some special cases, for a newbie or someone didn't know much about the difference between TTL and CMOS, then should be care about they related between low current and noise, the TTL is better then the CMOS for the noise control.

alfacliff

Joined Dec 13, 2013
since there is no currnt flowing, how do you tell a 1 from a 0 to go to the next chip? isnt it more likely that there is no steady state curent flowing in the gate?

watsongrey

Joined Oct 31, 2014
TTL logic chips are lower in noise compared to CMOS chips, I'm not sure as to why
CMOS chips are a high input capacitance because FET have input capacitance , I'm not sure what this input capacitance does or affect the logic signals.
Transistors don't have input capacitance like FETs do

In the eighties when the choice was a serious one, Cmos showed superior price reduction and a more rapid miniaturization history. The higher electrical use is a negligible rational, but temperature dissipation matters. The actual transistor rate, has only a linear affect, it's better to make gains through system expansion.