Closure of thread

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by monkeh, Mar 1, 2011.

1. monkeh

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 1, 2011
    My 2nd post, and last. Discussing automotive electronics for style and improved safety, resulting in a closed thread. Cliquey or what? I DID state that it is an OFF road vehicle. So it means that modifications were carried out at own risk.
    Cheers guys, result eslewhere (VW engineer)

2. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Problem is, there is no "your own risk". I don't know what part of the world you are in, but this site is based in then USA. The USA is one of the most litigious places in the world, and frankly many of the rulings of our courts don't always make sense to many of the rest of us. You are right, there are sites everywhere that will cater to automotive desires, this is not one of them.

For what it's worth, I don't agree with some of the rules, but it is the moderators call. If I don't like it enough I can leave, but this is my favorite site, so I live with it. I think our moderators are among the best, and it is possible to disagree with someone and stay friends. The rules have evolved to keep this site around 10 years from now.

3. someonesdad

Jul 7, 2009
    Back in the old days, if the kid with the football didn't like things, he took the football and went home. :p Same thing applies here -- it's your responsibility to read the rules and abide by them. If you don't like them, you're free to go somewhere else. Besides, AAC is a free service being provided by someone who spends money on the resources to do it, not to mention the moderators and admins who keep everything running smoothly (and this board has superb moderators). Once again, I wish to express my thanks to the people who make this board possible.

I look at this site as a fantastic resource -- I have some incredibly talented and helpful online experts who are on tap when needed and will give me valuable advice and guidance when I ask for it. I look at people like SgtWookie, Bill Marsden, beenthere, and many others who spend an enormous amount of their time, effort, and patience trying to help others and I am just in awe of their contributions.

DumboFixer likes this.
  4. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Gosh, you're making me blush!

I was looking for a site like this for literally decades. I wanted to open a website of my own, more as a continuation of my BBS (which is still limping along). With AAC, I don't have to do a lot of the maintenance associated with running a web site (this is major, jrap is amongst the best I've seen, along with Dave), I have an active blog I have configured the way I like it, and I can get good feedback and people to correct my brain farts. The latter is critical. I hope to get into a true technical field again, what I'm doing now barely qualifies, though it is definitely electronics.

Basically I have the freedom to contribute as I may. I'm not going away. I may drop dead (my health isn't the best), but I'm not leaving.