Clipper circuit problem

stan_m

Joined Jul 3, 2014
I have been trying to create a high frequency biased clipper circuit using a schottky diode. I am using the same circuit as
, but with only single sided clipping.

The problem I am facing is that the DC power supply I use to bias the diode draws a very high current which limits the bias voltage, Therefore I cannot set correct bias voltage to set the clipping limit.

Any help/suggestions would be great

Thanks

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Huh? Maybe a schematic of your actual setup. "DC power supply to bias the diode" What the heck does that mean?

What is your goal? Folks here are likely to provide a wicked clever solution if they understand what you want.

stan_m

Joined Jul 3, 2014
See the schematic attached . I am referring to Vs1. I use a DC power supply for that.

I am actually designing a clipper circuit for high speed signals. The output is supposed to be driven through a biasing circuit (bias tee) and modulate an LED. I want to clip the waveform to limit damage to the LED.

Attachments

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
In simulation software you can put in a voltage source to act as a zener, but you can't in the real world. It would have to allow an external current to flow through its output. Replace the 1.5V supply with two signal diodes and see if things go better.

ak

stan_m

Joined Jul 3, 2014
In simulation software you can put in a voltage source to act as a zener, but you can't in the real world. It would have to allow an external current to flow through its output. Replace the 1.5V supply with two signal diodes and see if things go better.

ak
Hi ak,
I dont quite understand how replacing the 1.5V supply with signal diodes would fix it :confused: