Classics and legends

Joined Nov 30, 2010
We were trying to decide / agree upon current stars who we thought would be considered "legends"
My mind isn't able to cope with today's deluge of, "entertainment" and decide which movies will be considered to have enduring quality. Even worse, when radio stations quit saying who did that song, my mental inventory stopped cold. However I would mention some actors that I have noticed as having enduring quality:

Julia Roberts
Sandra Bullock
Gary Oldman
Jodie Foster
Anthony Hopkins
Mel Gibson
Bruce Willis
Danny Glover
Morgan Freeman
Denzel Washington
Steve Buscemi
Quentin Tarantino
Tim Roth
Jeff Bridges
Alec Guinness
Kevin Spacey
Forest Whitaker
Johnny Depp

Honorable Mention:
Park Overall
Valerie Bertinelli

PackratKing

Joined Jul 13, 2008
Eh? What happened? What did he do?
keep your eye on the tabloids... it should surface... It is too f'n political to live long here...
He and Jada donated $150,000 to Louis Farrakhans' " nation of islam "

Granted, it's his $$ to do with as he pleases, however he and his films are now in the trash, and he will not see another brass farthing out of this household...

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
keep your eye on the tabloids... it should surface... It is too f'n political to live long here...
He and Jada donated $150,000 to Louis Farrakhans' " nation of islam "

Granted, it's his $$ to do with as he pleases, however he and his films are now in the trash, and he will not see another brass farthing out of this household...
What is it with movie stars and their lost notion of reality? .... that's why I like George Clooney and Viggo Mortensen... they're both as normal as it gets... and that's very unusual in that sort of industry

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
Gosh, I though Fury was a great movie. An accurate portrayal of tank warfare at the end of WWII, from what I hear.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Gosh, I though Fury was a great movie. An accurate portrayal of tank warfare at the end of WWII, from what I hear.
The technical parts were ok but characters were predictable and flat. Like, who didn't know the rookie was going to get people killed when he was on the point tank looking for sappers?

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
The corporate world has invested in the rights of all music,some singers can't play

or preform there music without paying fee's. Hedge funds are going to control your

life more than government. That is why wall street see's no jail time. Your legends

will be buried in contracts.

boatsman

Joined Jan 17, 2008
Carole Lombard, Jean Arthur, Jean Harlow, Katharine Hepburn, Spencer Tracy, Audrey Hepburn to name a few who are legends.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
The question is about current stars that might become legends.
Along those lines...
We found it hard to determine what a current star is; almost as hard as determining which of them might be future legends.

Some people fall into more than one group. Like Clint Eastwood; i would consider him a star of days past, but he's still making movies.

A "current star" IMO should be someone who has made movies in the past 10 years and has a good chance of making more movies in the next 10 years. But that includes a lot more of guys like clint.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Along those lines...
We found it hard to determine what a current star is; almost as hard as determining which of them might be future legends.

Some people fall into more than one group. Like Clint Eastwood; i would consider him a star of days past, but he's still making movies.

A "current star" IMO should be someone who has made movies in the past 10 years and has a good chance of making more movies in the next 10 years. But that includes a lot more of guys like clint.
I think that Anne Hathaway might just make the list...

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Thanks ..shortbus..you are legend in my mind..the Rooster is also a legend . I think

the Rooster can't get logged in ,can some one e-mail him or get in touch. Some one

help out.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
nsaspook Off-Topic 6