Classic Sifam Car/Bike Ammeter

johnhughes

Joined Jul 14, 2010
I have an old charge/discharge ammeter which I am trying to identify. It has a nickel bezel of about 2.5 inches around a meter of 2 inches.
The make is Sifam (France) and appears to have a range of only 1 amp either way.but this could simply signify that the battery was half-charged or fully charged
I feel it is from a '20s or '30s car or bike--maybe french? Has anybody any ideas? Manty thanks John on the Wirral

Last edited:

johnhughes

Joined Jul 14, 2010
Many thanks for your help.I have investigated further and found a perfect picture of my ammeter on the dash of a 1923 Citroen 5CV Type C Torpedo driven by Neville Westwood on the first drive around Australia in 1925
Thanks once again
John on the Wirral

I have an old charge/discharge ammeter which I am trying to identify. It has a nickel bezel of about 2.5 inches around a meter of 2 inches.
The make is Sifam (France) and appears to have a range of only 1 amp either way.but this could simply signify that the battery was half-charged or fully charged
I feel it is from a '20s or '30s car or bike--maybe french? Has anybody any ideas? Manty thanks John on the Wirral
Good afternoon, I am looking for a SIFAM ammeter like the one you have: should you agree to sell it, kindly let me have your request ( it would have to be shipped to Switzerland). Many thanks and best wishes.