Circuits wiki

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions' started by kubeek, Jun 6, 2012.

1. kubeek

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Sep 20, 2005
    So, how about making some wiki work?

My idea is that we could make a wiki for typical circuits and building blocks, so that we don´t have to search for them everytime we want to post them. Also there would be some description of how the circuit works, which we also do everytime we discuss them.

2. kubeek

Sep 20, 2005
    There was this thread, but it seems it got lost somehow.

3. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Between my blog, the Completed Projects forum, and other projects I'm maxed out. Thing is, IMO this site is a work unto itself, as Wiki is something else.

4. nerdegutta

Dec 15, 2009
    I got an"404 - Not Found" on this link. :(

5. kubeek

Sep 20, 2005
  6. kubeek

Sep 20, 2005
    Im not saying that we should feel obliged to contribute there, but it seems to me like neat place to store the building blocks.
    For example you want to explain h-bridge and it´s drivers to someone, so you google h-bridge picture and then write a pragaraph of description.
    With wiki you would need to write this only once, even when you are just writing the reply, and the copy paste it to the wiki so you can refer to it next time.

7. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    In general, I like wikis. They provide complete info on a certain topic, and are easily updated.

But before I express my opinion, I 'd like to know how are the changes approved. I know that the community can contribute as a whole, but I don't think EVERYONE can write whatever they want unchecked. How do wikis work? Does anyone know?

8. kubeek

Sep 20, 2005
    Wikis usually have a bunch of mods who go through the recent changes on their own, then revise them and/or discuss them with others.
    I think there should be a modified system, where the OP of the circuit does edits, or he could approve other´s edits or requests, with some normal mods to maintain order in the whole section.

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    I use my blog space to hold answers, though I have not made many.
    You can do the same and we can point to your blogs.

10. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009
    If there is a mod system, then essentially, it would work similarly to the e-book, where we have editors and feedback.

If the e-book didn't exist, I would see the need of a wiki, but now, it's not so critical.

However! If you can think of some very common circuits that aren't covered in the e-book, you can write about them in your blog, and then they may end up in a sticky and/or the e-book.