Circuitdesignhelp

nareshp

Joined Jun 11, 2013
Hi All I am Basically PCB designer with 5+ years experience I want Lean the Circuit design and programming can somebody help how should I start...Atleast I need to design on Embedded Application my own....

Will somebody guide me to reach that level

mitko89

Joined Sep 20, 2012
Hmm, AAC has a nice tutorial about electronics. I don't quite understand your confusion. In order to help you, can you provide more information about a project in particular. What programming language you want to use, what micro controllers? My advice is to start with either microchip's pic or arduino, but first preview the electronics tutorials on this website.

Shagas

Joined May 13, 2013
When you say 'PCB designer' what exactly do you mean?
You just fabricated the pcbs from already made schematics ?
Did you do the layout for them?

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I suggest you start with the e-books here at AAC. Click on one of the blue boxes at the very top of the page. They are very good, and I highly recommend them.

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
i do the layout deign the inputs are schematics
At what level did you do the layout? Did you just feed the schematics into an autorouter and package the results to send to a board house for fabrication? Did you take the schematics and make the decisions about which nets were timing critical, which nets needed to be routed together, how the ground planes should be set up and, if necessary, split, and how to layout the board to achieve EMC compliance? Or something in between?

Depending on the level at which you did layout for five years, you may have actually learned a lot of practical stuff already, or you may have learned almost nothing. No way for us to tell from here.

The best way is to just start playing around with circuits and find some simple things that interest you and start building them. Start small and don't think that everything you do has to be profound or even useful. You can learn a LOT by doing the classic "Knight Rider" sweeping LED string. There are LOTS of different ways to do it and lots of different effects you can achieve. So try to do it lots of different ways and achieving a bunch of different effects. Do some of it in analog and others in pure digital and then step up to doing it with a microcontroller.

Solving the same problem multiple ways gives you an appreciation for what techniques are good for different things and how to compare and contract different techniques when it comes time to choose a route to take for some other project.