Circuit that monitor if a bulb (220 v0lt) is blown or not.

ayodele234

Joined Apr 26, 2011
Good day friends, please kindly help me on this project of mine.
I need a circuit that can notify me if my bulb is blown or not.
Pls kindly reply with diagram of the circuit and website that can help me.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Can't you just look at the bulb to see if it is blown out?

There are a lot of ways to do this. The simple way is to place another bulb in series with the first.

More complicated a MCU that monitors the light bulb and texts you a message.

Depends how complicated you eant to get.

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
Would the circuit below solve your problem? Use 1N5407 instead when the supply is 220V.

You can google for more of this type of circuit using keys "tower light monitoring circuits" or "Marine navigation lights monitoring circuits".

Allen

Attachments

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
Would the circuit below solve your problem? Use 1N5407 instead when the supply is 220V.

You can google for more of this type of circuit using keys "tower light monitoring circuits" or "Marine navigation lights monitoring circuits".

Allen
Have ever try this?

If Vf = 1N5404 x2 = 0.7Vx2=1.4V
How is the Vf of red LED?
If the Vf of red LED > Vf of two 1N5404, will red LED light up?

Why does the 1N5404 one side is only one?

absf

Joined Dec 29, 2010
I just noticed that the circuit might be against the ToS of this forum. I'd not continue any further to this post. If the circuit is forbidden, please help me remove it. Thanks you and sorry about it.

JMW

Joined Nov 21, 2011
A photo sensor, or even a thermistor circuit may be of interest. "AND" gate it with a walwart and battery back up if you need to determine if the lamp is defective or if the power is out.

BillB3857

Joined Feb 28, 2009
If you take a GFI apart, there is a coil in which the hot and neutral lines both go through the center. That coil, when removed from the GFI, will power a single LED when current goes through a single wire passing through the center. I've made a couple of current sense opto isolators using this concept.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Then the lamp is blown. No current will flow in the cable. That can be used to your advantage. Look up current transformer in Google