Circuit diagrams

Discussion in 'Electronics Resources' started by john williamsXT, Jul 26, 2009.

1. john williamsXT

Thread Starter Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Hi Guys
    Can someone tell me how to enter circuit diagrams onto the forum please?
    Cheers
    John

2. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    Hello,

From the FAQ at the top line:

Greetings,
    Bertus

3. john williamsXT

Thread Starter Member

Jul 14, 2009
    I'm probably being stupid but how do I generate the circuit diagram in the first place, do I download some software that allows circuit diagrmas to be generated?
    John

4. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
  5. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Thank you. :)

6. jpanhalt

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 18, 2008
    Hi John,

There are also free programs specifically tailored for drawing schematics. EAGLE (cadsoft.de or cadsoftusa.com) is one such common program. The free version is quite adequate for most non-commercial uses.

From Eagle, you can export to a file as an image (e.g., .png) and attach that directly. This forum also allows you to attach Eagle schematics (.sch) and boards (.brd) to your post. In most cases, I would recommend the png image, however.

John

7. john williamsXT

Thread Starter Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Thanks John
    John

8. KMoffett

AAC Fanatic!

Dec 19, 2007
  9. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    If you're gonna learn to draw with something like a PCB program, make sure it can do SPICE, which is a circuit simulator. They're not perfect, but it is possible to test your schematic without using any part, all simulated. The PCB programs will take that schematic and generate a printed circuit board layout, which is a bit of the cart before the horse.

There are several SPICE programs out there, some are free. I don't use them myself, I'm very old school, but I recognize their value.

10. john williamsXT

Thread Starter Member

Jul 14, 2009
    Thanks for the info guys but I've got round this by photographing a drawing and I will now use this as my attachment.
    I'm not a circuit design just analysing mathematically electrical circuits!
    Regards
    John

11. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    I'm not either, but I do a lot of drawing. :) Some of them are real brain farts, but it don't slow me down none. You can see some of my work here.

Bill's Index

12. studiot

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 9, 2007
    Hello john

You need to create some sort of graphic.

Either export to .jpg or .gif from your circuit program if you use one.

Or scan them in if you hand draw them.

Word and other formats will need to be encased in a zip file as the forum does not support them.

If you click on the 'go advanced' button underneath the quick reply window and then click on the paaperclip icon ion the toolbar you will be able to browse and upload up to 3 documents.

Please note the file size limits here. Grey scale is good if you don't need the colour.

13. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    The two best formats are .gif and .png, preferably no color unless you must (.png handles color best). The .jpg is a good photo format, but it tends to add trash on the image, it is a function of how it compresses the image. The trash on a photo is a lot less noticable than on a image with crisp clear lines such as a schematic.